FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
We realize you may have questions about the Pentecostal Theological Seminary. We have tried to anticipate some of these based on previous inquiries. We are certain you will have some that do not appear on this list. Feel free to contact us about questions specific to you if you do not find the information in the categories listed below.
- How do I get a copy of my transcript? (Click Here)
- Can I complete a degree online?
With faculty advisor approval you can complete approximately 1/2 of your
degree program online. The remainder can be completed in J-term intensives.
(Academic Catalog, page 84.)
- Can I transfer credit from another institution?
Students may transfer up to 1/2 of the hours required for a degree. All requests
for transfer credit must be processed through the Vice President for Academics
office. (Academic Catalog, page 101)
- How do I apply for admission?
Contact the Seminary by phone (800-228-9126), email (email@example.com), or fax
(423-478-7711) to request an application packet. Or click here for step-by-step
instructions and to download admission documents.
- Can I still be accepted as a student if I
do not have a college degree?
Yes, a limited number of qualified applicants may enroll as special students.
(Academic Catalog, page 95)
- What is the tuition per credit hour?
Current tuition and fees are found on this link. (Catalog, page 101)
- How much do I owe?
To calculated this total multiply the number of hours taken by the tuition cost
per semester hour, plus fees, and minus scholarship award.
Example: Tuition______9 X $467= $4203.00 Fees 150.00 Scholarship 1000.00 Total $3353.00 Be Advised: These values are examples only and my not reflect your actual tuition, please check your tuition schedule for accurate values.
- Can I pay with a credit card?
Yes, we take Visa, and Master Card.
- Will there be a late charge on my account if I don't have the funds and
cannot keep my "promissory agreement"?
Yes, students are charged $25.00 after the grace period of the said agreement.
(Catalog Page 102)
Financial Aid/Loan Information:
- What steps must I complete to apply for a scholarship?
Complete your FAFSA and Seminary Financial Aid Application (click here) and
return it to our office by the April 30 (returning student) June 15 (new student
priority deadline). (If the deadline has passed, you may still apply. After the
deadline date, scholarships will be awarded on a first-come basis.
- How many hours are required to be eligible for scholarships?
You should be enrolled in at least nine hours or more for all scholarships with
the exception of the Care Ministry scholarship. A Care Ministry scholarship
requires recipients to take a minimum of 12 hours per year to qualify.
- What is the basis on which scholarships and loans are awarded?
All financial aid (scholarships and loans) are based on financial need (excluding
Academic Scholarships). Need is assessed by calculating the total cost for a
student to attend Seminary, minus their Estimated Family Contribution (from the
- Do most students showing a financial need receive scholarships?
Yes, most students showing a financial need receive some scholarship funding.
- What is the procedure to apply for a Stafford loan?
(1) Complete your FAFSA and Seminary Financial Aid Application
(2) Complete your loan application, and Loan Worksheet.
(3) Return the Seminary Financial Aid Application and Loan Worksheet to the
Financial Aid Office for processing.
- How many hours should I be enrolled in to apply for a Stafford loan?
A minimum of six (6) hours is required.
- Do loans include housing if you live off campus?
- How are loans disbursed?
Loans are disbursed in two payments from your lender to the Business Office.
The first disbursement is in the Fall and the second disbursement is in the
Spring. However, a full time student may apply for a three-way loan
disbursement with the first disbursement in the Summer, second in the Fall and
third in the Spring. When an account is paid in full, any remaining loan funds
will be disbursed to the student in the form of a check.
(Seminary Receptionist can be reached at 1.800.228.9126 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org)